Course: Dementia Awareness
Course Duration: ½ day
This course is based on the compliance requirements placed on the organisation by the Health & Safety at Work (Etc.) Act of 1974, Equality Act 2010; Mental Capacity Act 2005 and associated code of practice; Mental Health Act 2007 and Code of Practice; Human Medicines Regulations 2012; Human Rights Act and requirements placed on healthcare employers by the Care Act and CQC Standards.
- Understand how to improve care delivered to people with dementia
- Understand how to support relationships of people with dementia
- List reasons for behaviour we may find difficult
- List the different types of dementia
- Understand what it may be like to have dementia.
- Implement dementia awareness measures in the workplace.
Staff will receive an accredited certificate in Dementia Awareness
£350 +No VAT for up to 12 staff members to attend a training session.