Course: Diabetes Awareness Level 2
Course Duration: ½ day
The National Institute for Health & Care Excellence (NICE) Guidelines on diabetes state that in 2013, over 3.2 million adults were diagnosed with diabetes, with prevalence rates of 6% and 6.7% in England and Wales, respectively. It is estimated that about 90% of adults currently diagnosed with diabetes have type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is more common in people of African, African‑Caribbean and South Asian family origin. It can occur in all age groups and is increasingly being diagnosed in children.
- Understand what diabetes is and its prevalence in the UK
- Know the cause of diabetes, the symptoms and how it is diagnosed
- Know what the main types of diabetes are
- Understand how diabetes is treated and how it can be prevented
- Have an awareness of complications that can be caused through diabetes
- Understand the importance of supporting people with a diabetes
- Implement diabetes awareness measures in the workplace.
Staff will receive an accredited certificate in Diabetes Awareness Level 2
£350 +No VAT for up to 12 staff members to attend a training session.
Pay by Direct Debit and Spread the cost over 3 x Monthly Payments including 10% discount costing £105 per month.