Course: End of Life Care
Course Duration: ½ day
This training course is based on the compliance requirements placed on the organisation by the Health & Safety at Work (Etc.) Act of 1974, Equality Act 2010; Mental Capacity Act 2005 and associated code of practice; Mental Health Act 2007 and Code of Practice; Human Medicines Regulations 2012; Human Rights Act, Clinical Standards of the Royal College of Physicians, Department of Health’s End of Life Care Strategy for England 2008, The Leadership Alliance for the care of dying people (June 2014), National End of Life Care Programme, Advance Care Planning: a guide for health and social care staff and requirements placed on healthcare employers by industry standards and requirements also placed on employers and employees by the Health and Social Care Act 2008(Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014, Children Act 1969 and the Care Act 2014 (this Act particularly has a focus on the needs of family/friends as carers).
- Describe the key principles of palliative care and end of life care
- Describe the principles of good practice within the process of advance care planning
- Explain the purpose of assessment in end of life care
- Explain what is included in a holistic assessment
- Describe the core steps in the assessment of symptoms to reach a diagnosis
- Describe the principles of good communication in end of life care.
Staff will receive an accredited certificate in End of Life Care
£350 +No VAT for up to 12 staff members to attend a training session.
Pay by Direct Debit and Spread the cost over 3 x Monthly Payments including 10% discount costing £105 per month.