Course: Medication Awareness Level 2
Course Duration: ½ day
This Level 2 course is based on the compliance requirements placed on organisations by the by the Medicines Act, Health & Safety at Work (Etc.) Act 1974, Access to Health Records Act, The Human Medicines Regulations and Misuse of Drugs Act. It is also based on guidelines produced by the National Institute for Health & Care Excellence (NICE). Also, the requirements placed on the organisation by the above requirements, CQC standards and those of other regulatory bodies.
- Understand the legislation that affects the administration of medicines
- Describe how medication should be stored and recorded
- Understand the different types of medication and how they work
- Follow protocols and policies when receiving, storing and recording medicines
- Describe common adverse reactions to medication
- Understand the differences in protocols between various healthcare provisions.
- Describe medication measures implemented at your workplace.
Staff will receive an accredited certificate in Medication Awareness Level 2
£350 +No VAT for up to 12 staff members to attend a training session.