Moving and Handling of People &
Objects Level 2 CPD 1 Day Course Specification
Moving and Handling of People & Objects Level 2 provides learners with an extensive Moving & Handling skillset so that they can identify how to safely move people objects and safely use equipment. The course is aligned to the Skills for Health CSTF and is CPD accredited.
The areas covered by this training:
Moving and Handling of People & Objects Level 2
1) Be able to define the term Manual Handling
2) Understand employers and employees responsibilities, legal obligations under relevant national Health & Safety legislation, the Manual Handling Operation Regulations and local policies and procedures.
3) Identify how to carry out a Risk Assessment and reduce the risk of injury prior to undertaking manual handling tasks
4) Understand the Principles of good back care and the consequences of poor manual handling practice
5) Be aware of the types of equipment, and testing requirements for lifting equipment associated with moving & handling of people safely.
6) Understand the principles of safer moving & handling
7) Be able to demonstrate safe moving & handling of people techniques (Practical Training)
Who Should Attend The Training?
Learners working in a healthcare setting.
The physical capability of practical people Moving and Handling.